Subject: Re: Problem with HP DAT 1533
To: Jim Reid <jim@mpn.cp.philips.com>
From: Reiner Buehl <reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/11/1998 09:49:24
Hi,

Jim Reid wrote:
> There was some discussion about this a while ago. [It's over 2 years
> since I ran into these SCSI tape device problems.] ISTR the consensus
> then was the best solution was to drop the generic SCSI driver into
> the hp300 kernel. However this would require lots of other work: like
> getting the "new" config program to generate kernel source files. Just
> adding more and more string comparisons to the old st.c is a crock.
But as long as there are no new drivers why not add more. from the
replys to my original post, it looks like a lot of people have problems
with the old driver.

Would it be a solution to set the default to DAT settings instead of
QIC?
--

MfG Reiner.

Reiner Buehl                         Internet:
P.O. Box 100324                      reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de
70747 Leinfelden-Echterdingen        Fax:
Germany                              +49-(0)89-66617-62802