Subject: Installing on an apollo series 400
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Chad Walker <c-walker@cornell-iowa.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/29/1998 15:16:51
Hello,

I have read the last couple months of the mailing list, but I didn't see
anyone who seemed to have quite the problem that I seem to have. I have a
bunch of series 400's that seem to have been upgraded to 68040's. I'm not
sure if this is a 425e, but I believe they are running at 25 MHz, which
makes me think they are. Anyway I can get to start installing it via
SYS_INST and rbootd/bootparamd/NFS, but the screen goes blank. I think this
is because the video is not supported on the 425's, right? So can I do a
serial install? And if so which RS-232 port do I use, and what speed? I have
been trying the first port, and a couple speeds, but I have yet to get
anything on the serial line, is there anything I can do, or does anyone
something I'm doing wrong? I could send the debugging output from rbootd and
bootparams if need, but they look about right to me. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

-	Chad Walker
-	Student Extraordinaire
-	http://www.cornell-iowa.edu/~c-walker