Subject: Re: identifying hp's
To: (noud de brouwer) <noud@knot.nl>
From: Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/27/1998 10:58:49
On 27-Sep-98 Herb Peyerl wrote:
> noud@knot.nl (noud de brouwer)  wrote:
>  > hi..there's a fair (second hand things for sale) in my village.
>  > there are some HP9121, 9122, 9123 and a 9133..
>  > just for about $2.50..real cheap but does it run NetBSD ??
>
> not sure offhand what those are but I don't think they're CPU's.
> Maybe they're disks or something?
>
> in any event, if they _are_ cpu's then they don't sound like they'd
> run NetBSD.

They're drives.  I have a 9121 (that collects dust very well) that's a
dual 3.5" floppy with a GPIB/HPIB interface.  Don't get too excited, the
3.5" drives only do about 180K or something like that.  Nowhere's near
the 1.44M in the PC's.  I think the 9122 has either one or no floppies
and a hard disk and the 9123 maybe both.  We have either the 22 or 23
at work.  In any event for $2.50 they're be great if you have a boat.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow