Subject: Re: kernel build (for netatalk)
To: Vic Kelson <vkelson@kiva.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/25/1998 21:47:26
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:35:59 -0500
 Vic Kelson <vkelson@kiva.net> wrote:

 >    I first tried unzipping the syssrc.tgz, modifying a copy of the
 > GENERIC file as described in the FAQ and then running 'config'.  It
 > fails, with a series of errors for all the filesystem types, then dies,
 > saying at least one filesystem must be specified.

It failed with the 1.3.2 syssrc?!  Please report the exact errors you
saw... something doesn't sound quite right, here...

 >    By the way, I have a couple extra hp300 keyboards, blank 32-track
 > tapes and at least one HP-HIL digitizing tablet.  Any interest out
 > there?  The tablet works GREAT with Xhpux and NetBSD 1.3.2 on my
 > 380SRX.  I used xfig to make figures from hand-drawn sketches for my
 > thesis, using metafont and LaTeX.  Nea-to!

Ah, you're running the HP-UX X server under emulation mode?  Fantastic!
I would like to put up some detailed information on the www server on
how to do this... are there any volunteers out there who could help with
this?

 >    THANKS in advance!  Sure is nice to have NetBSD -- my 380 is alive
 > again!

Great!  It's good to see old hardware live on!  :-)

	-- Jason, happy hp380 user

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942