Subject: Re: Any luck with rbootd from Linux to hp300s?
To: Vic Kelson <vkelson@kiva.net>
From: Ian Clark <ic@smoke.com.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/25/1998 12:22:25
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Vic Kelson wrote:

> Hi!
> ......................  No problem, NetBSD is nice.  So, I'm up
> to the point where booting HP-UX is as much of a nuisance as booting NT
> <grin>, and I'd just as soon give the 7959B that has HP-UX the old
> wipe-a-roo.  Should I?  I figure that if I set up Linux with rbootd, I
> can always recover.  Trouble is, I haven't been able to make it work.
> I'm presently running S.u.S.E. 5.2, so it's a current kernel.  Any
> advice?

Have you looked at http://prozac.cwru.edu/wes/hp/ ? I used these
instructions to netboot my original 340 a while back.
One thing to note is that when NetBSD tried to mount the NFS exports from
the Linux host, it used non-root port numbers which caused my linux box
refuse access half way through the boot process. Reconfiguring the nfs on
the linux box fixed that though.

V TWINS: the only practical alternitive to the single :- Phil Irving

21 Year old Moto Morini, 16 year old Moto Guzzi, 23 year old car -
So what's the fuss about a couple of 10 year old workstations?
HP 9000/300 - Industrial Strength Computers.

Ian Clark VK3KRI        ic@smoke.com.au      http://www.smoke.com.au/~ic/