Subject: keyboard question
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Laurentiu Cocea <cocea@infobiogen.fr>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/21/1998 13:03:05
Hi,

When I login as root I'm asked to enter the keyboard type--hp300h by default. But with the default layout, some of the keys are not adequately mapped on a US HIL keyboard. For example, Backspace and the arrows are not recognized. This makes editing the command-line difficult. However, in some programs, such as the installation program or ftp, these keys are also correctly mapped.

Which terminal should I select at login to be able to use the arrows and Backspace key correctly? And how do I make this keyboard the default? (As a normal user, I'm not requested to choose a keyboard..:-)

Thank you.

--laurentiu