Subject: Re: floppy
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/17/1998 19:42:45
>From the keyboard of Jason Thorpe:

> HP-IB floppy drives do not use the CS/80 command set; they use Amigo.  They
> are not currently supported by NetBSD.

I'm also interested in getting HP-IB floppies to work (this would eventually
get me access to my dusty 8" floppies from the CP/M 1.8 days) but i have to
admit that i don't understand how to modify the HPIB driver (ok, i haven't
tried hard ... ;-)) and i'm a bit short of time.

In case someone likes to work on this, i can supply the docs for the Amigo
command set(s) and help testing and/or debugging code.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77