Subject: Re: HP Apollo series 400
To: Per Krogh Nielsen <pkn@ostenfeld.dk>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/29/1998 13:41:04
On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Per Krogh Nielsen wrote:

> I just got a pizzabox. I think it's a 425. I have no HP disks for it, so
> now I'd like to know if I can use any other scsi disks for it.

I've got an IBM 1G disk and a Sun- (SPARCstation-) compatible 400M disk in
my 425t at home.  They both work fine without any modification.  I've
heard that certain Quantum disks, or at least certain revisions of ROMs on
Quantum disks, have some timeout troubles that are addressed by an open
NetBSD problem report.

What you might try is setting up an NFS server on the Amiga, and using the
Amiga's rbootd to help you get the HP up and running in a diskless
configuration.  See diskless(8) for more information.  Alternatively, you
could use rbootd to load SYS_INIT and use the Amiga as a server to install
your system from.  I'm pretty sure that the INSTALL document has the
necessary details on how to do this.

> I'v been running NetBSD on my Amiga 4K for some time now, and Linux on my
> Mac.

What sort of Mac?  You might consider converting it to NetBSD. :-)

--scott