Subject: Enlargening topcat display?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James M. Sohr <jms4@po.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/26/1998 18:26:53
 Hi,

 Lost time listenter, first time caller.

 Anyway, I have an HP9000/400 with a 1280x1024 @ 256 colors Topcat
display and a 19" HP 98789A monitor which runs at the fixed
frequency of 1280x1024 @ 60Hz.  I have X11R5 up and running
perfectly, save for one small matter:  most everything is too
small to read!

  I know that I could simply increase the font size.  However,
that creates a few more problems: namely, the fonts become too
big for the title bars and panes.  Also, increasing the font size
does nothing for the cursor size, which at times is hard to see
due to its small size.

 I've tried playing with the monitor size setting in the X0screens
file, but it doesn't make any noticable difference in fvwm or fvwm95.
Under KDE, the fonts appear much bigger... but the title bars and
cursor are still too small.

  I was wondering if there were some way to enlarge everything on
the screen so as to make it readable... perhaps some hack which convinces
the window manager that the screen is only 800 by 600 or something
similiar.  Or a hidden setting in some window manager that
causes it to use larger borders and title bars? Anyone have any other ideas?

  Thanks for your help,
            James