Subject: Re: rbootd, solaris and booting an hp370
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/19/1998 00:27:18
YAMAMORI Takenori <yamamori@kt.rim.or.jp> probably said:
> Just one question, which is your Solaris box, sparc or x86 ?
> There is a "network byte order" problem.

I have all sparcs right now - I run FreeBSD on my x86 boxes.

> I implicitly thought it was a sparc.
> But if it is an x86, the macros like htons(), htonl()
> in sun-rbootd-1.1 source are not complete now.
> Please modify the source, apply the htons(), htonl().. macros
> to certain places.
> (I have no x86 box, so I cannot check "network byte order")

The macros/functions to translate to network byte order are basicly
no-ops on sparcs and byte swaps on x86. If you added them to the right
places it would work wherever ...

Not having a solaris x86 box I can't test it :/

P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@leftbank.com