Subject: Hardware problems observed with 1.3.2
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/17/1998 13:51:20
I have a concuring opinion that the HP300 port has a bug relating to
specific hardware that prevents it from being used.

A friend (hi pir!) has observed the same error when trying to boot his
HP9000/370 that I observed when trying to boot my 360.

I conclude that these machines have a hardware fault that prevents them
from using the HP300 port.  I suspect others have observed this problem as
well.

The problem seems to be an 'MMU fault'.  See my previous post for more
information.

Does the HP300 port not run on HP300s anymore?

Would the maintainer like to step forward and tell me what I"m doing
wrong?

Thanks.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/