Subject: Kernel compilation help needed
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Stenmark <stenmark@lysator.liu.se>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/03/1998 11:06:43
Hello all,

I have been struggling for quite a while to get NetBSD to work on
a few 425E's, to no avail -- the problem being the unsupported gfx
adapter. I would use a remote console, but I can't get it to work
with the ROM's in HP-UX mode. (For some odd reason it works when in
Domain OS mode)  I'm starting to give up on being able to put the
ROM's into remote console mode, and I'm thinking that a custom
kernel with the console hardcoded to the first serial port might
work. My question is if anyone out there with a kernel compilation
setup could help out (please!). It would be a lot of help to me,
since setting up a cross-compilation environment, even though it
might work, is not something I will have time for in the foreseeable
future. Any help would be much appreciated, and rewarded with
plenty of good karma! Remember that the serial ports on this machine
are in the Frodo chip, so it's the apci driver that's needed.

Btw, does anyone actually know of a _single_ installation of NetBSD
on the 425e? I've heard a lot of people talk about that it should
work, but I don't think I've actually been in contact with anyone
who's actually had a working installation.

Thank you and enjoy your summer!

--
Andreas Stenmark                     "Black coffee is not enough for me.
email: stenmark@lysator.liu.se        I need a better friend."