Subject: 8-bit charset
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tobias Brox <tobix@td.org.uit.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/04/1998 00:39:49
Does anybody know if it's possible to configure my computer to view
8 bit characters (like æ, ø and å - frequently used in my native
tongue)?

The characters works OK in X, but not at the console, they are
stripped down to seven bit characters. The characters above reads
"fxe" here.

Does anybody know if HP-UX at hp300 supports eight bit characters? If
so, it should only be a question of proper configuration/programming I
guess..

I don't want to start X to do many of my daily tasks (checking mail,
news, logging into IRC, etc), still it's annoying getting the eight
bit characters stripped down.

--
TobiX			In a world without fences, who needs gates?
http://www.td.org.uit.no/~tobias