Subject: Re: Now i installed SYS_INST, but ...
To: Jose P. Leitao <joseleitao@ax.apc.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/24/1998 22:40:40
On Sat, 23 May 1998, Jose P. Leitao wrote:

> 	Second - i would to say how i made a boot of SYS_INST:
> 	- with  another scsi disk, a SEAGATE ST31200N ( 1 GB) at address #3, from
> HP-UX box: midiainit -v  /dev/rdsk/s30
> 	- after that:
> 		dd if=SYS_INST of=/dev/rdsk/s30
> 	- reboot -  power reset and select attended mode <space + enter>
> 	- and select 1Z SYS_INST
> 	- when in prompt enter disklabel
> 	- in my opnion it's very hard to understand this operation, but i made
> some options using information from disktab of HP-UX

	If you have any changes that would make the notes clearer for
	anyone els e- please let us know!

> 	- Now the last problem:
> 	My file sets are in a FTP server. But when i tried to configure my
> ethernet card (le0) - it failed! Sorry but i didn't  record the messages -
> was too late and i was so tired!
> 	But what are options to configure my ethernet interface?  currentily i'm
> using coax (10base2) to conect this hp375 box.
> 	Ok  Guys, that's all for while!

	If you've netbooted the machine successfully the ethernet
	interface should be active, otherwise you should be able to type
	ifconfig le0 xx.xx.xx.xx (For appropriate vales of xx.xx.xx.xx).

	If you still have problems, you're best to post any error messages
	to this list.

		David/absolute

    -=-  "They're only red from all the thoughts unused inside my head"  -=-