Subject: Help to make a boot tape to HP375
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jose P. Leitao <joseleitao@ax.apc.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/19/1998 17:32:30
I would apreciate any help to prepare a boot tape.
The scenario:
	A HP9000 series 300 (model 375) w/ 8 MB RAM;
	No monitor, i'am using a serial port and a VT100 terminal;
	A HP2212A (SCSI Disk 330 MB)
	A HP7957B (HP-IB Disk 80 MB)
	A HP Tape DAT driver ( HP6400) interface SCSI

I can boot using a tape recovery from HP-UX 8.x and the system looks like ok.
I tried to boot a pc with NETBSD (for i386), conecting to FTP Server and
get the SYS_INST for hp300 (1.3.1) and put it at tape (DAT) using this
command:

	dd if=SYS_INST of=/dev/st0 obs=20b conv=osync

But the hp375 didn't recognize the tape or file!
We tried using another HP workstation running HP-UX 8.x , but
       conv=osync
doesn't work at HP-UX.

So i ask for any help.

Many thanks

Jose P. Leitao
(Rio de Janeiro/ Brazil)

              \|||/
               ( o o )
   | Jose P. Leitao                               |
   | mailto: joseleitao@ax.apc.org              |
   | Rio de Janeiro - RJ  - Brasil                |
   |         .oooO                                |
   |         (   )   Oooo.                        |
                    (_/