Subject: disklabel
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael T. McHugh <geminii@shadow.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/08/1998 12:31:42

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BD7A7D.41DD8860

I'm sorry that I've got no other avenue to look down, but after looking =
at the install documentation, and FAQ's, I really need help with the =
guidelines for disklabeling a 2213A.  I know this sounds pathetique, but =
I've tried everything I can think of to disklabel this 2213A over the =
course of the last eight months, everything seems o.k., but when I try =
to boot, nada.  I was able to boot the install utility, use the =
disklabel utility, load the miniroot onto the disk, and boot the =
miniroot, but after I load all the binary sets, it tries to boot off the =
disk, but hangs right after.  The only thing I can think of is that I'm =
not getting the partitions correct.  Can anyone recommend any =
publications on Net-BSD partitions? =20
Thanks,
Michael
BTW--hp9000 350 with an hp2213A (SCSI CoyoteII), and the attempt is =
NetBSD 1.3.1, although 1.2 was also tried.

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BD7A7D.41DD8860

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm sorry that I've got no other =
avenue to look=20
down, but after looking at the install documentation, and FAQ's, I =
really need=20
help with the guidelines for disklabeling a 2213A.&nbsp; I know this =
sounds=20
pathetique, but I've tried everything I can think of to disklabel this =
2213A=20
over the course of the last eight months, everything seems o.k., but =
when I try=20
to boot, nada.&nbsp; I was able to boot the install utility, use the =
disklabel=20
utility, load the miniroot onto the disk, and boot the miniroot, but =
after I=20
load all the binary sets, it tries to boot off the disk, but hangs right =

after.&nbsp; The only thing I can think of is that I'm not getting the=20
partitions correct.&nbsp; Can anyone recommend any publications on =
Net-BSD=20
partitions?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Michael</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>BTW--hp9000 350 with an hp2213A (SCSI CoyoteII), and =
the=20
attempt is NetBSD 1.3.1, although 1.2 was also =
tried.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BD7A7D.41DD8860--