Subject: Does the net boot file *have* to be named SYS_UBOOT?
To: NetBSD HP list <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/30/1998 20:54:49
	I have several 340's that I am playing with, but few disks. I have on
	diskfull machine runing NetBSD, and it has a diskless client.

	Now I want to play with OpenBSD, and to install it i need to net boot
	another 340, since they do not yet support boot from tape.

	They also provide a SYS_UBOOT, which of course is different that
	NetBSD's. What I would like to do is put both of them inot
	/usr/mdec/rbootd as, say SYS_UBOOT.netbsd, and SYS_UBOOT.openbsd. Then
	I can configure rbootd to serve up te appropriate one based upon the
	MAC address.

	Anyone know if this will work? Or is the target machine aware of the
	filename?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955