Subject: Golf Ball Catalog Update
To: None <To.Buy.GolfBalls@Lower.Prices>
From: None <golf@golfballnet.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/28/1998 19:11:40
Hi friends,

Thank you so very much for your interest in GolfBalls Unlimited, USA.  There is a great deal of information contained in this catalog.  If you would rather talk than read, please feel free to call us toll free at 888-507-7566 to place an order or leave us a message for a return call.  That number is answered 24 hours a day.  You can also reach me during normal business hours (CST) at 281-530-1828 if you have specific technical or other questions.  We've placed the Price section immediately after this letter.

We want to provide you with more ways to enjoy the game of golf to the fullest.  As a result, we have made it our goal to provide you, our valued customer, with the best possible products and value.  We truly want you to enjoy the benefits of LOWER COSTS AND HIGHER QUALITY PRODUCTS.

We carry more than recycled golfballs available in your favorite brand, type, and grade.  We have great values on brand new balls and have added the newest in ball technology products.  Also, be sure to check out our new gloves; these gloves are a real value.  We have also added specialty balls, the world's longest golf ball and a line of ladies golf balls.  In the high tech section, we have included new and better double cover products than are currently available from the Strata line.

We are sure you realize that playing recycled balls saves you money as compared to buying the identical new product off of a retail shelf.  Let's face it, we know you realize that buying recycled balls isn't always a good value.  By choosing Golf Balls Unlimited, USA to be your supplier, however, you are assured of receiving the quality that makes buying recycled balls a great value.  Shopping for recycled balls is a little different from buying new balls, so this letter contains more information than you may normally see from a golf products supplier.  If you are already familiar with all or part of this information, then you can easily skip to any section of interest, as we have divided this information into marked segments.  Since we are not able to format email, we suggest you print this out for ease of reading.  If you can change fonts, changing this catalog to new courier 10 should get good results. If you would like to receive this in a Microsoft EXCEL format, please le!
t us know.  Additional details on ball quality, types of balls, etc, is also available at our website http://www.golfballsunlimitedusa.com

Our shipping costs and minimum order quantities have been adjusted recently in an effort to be cost effective while continuing to be responsive to our customers.  Our UPS costs have increased, so take a look at these sections.

Thank you for considering GolfBalls Unlimited, USA.  Feel free to call or write anytime.  We would love to hear from you.  Regardless of whether or not you become a Golfballs Unlimited, USA customer, we hope you find this information valuable and entertaining.  Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn the privilege of serving you.

Best Wishes For Great Golf and Personal Regards,

Dana Jones
The Ballman
ballman@golfballsunlimitedusa.com

<A HREF="mailto:ballman@golfballsunlimitedusa.com">Send Mail - Click Here</A>

 Site Invite

TABLE OF CONTENTS
I.		PRICES - RECYCLED BALLS

II.		PRICES - NEW GOLF BALLS - GREAT VALUES

III.		PRICES - GLOVES

IV.		PRICES - HIGH TECH BALLS

V.		PRICES - DOUBLE COVER BALLS - BETTER STRATA THAN STRATA

VI.		WORLD'S LONGEST GOLF BALL - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN?

VII.		HOW RECYCLED BALLS ARE GRADED AND PRICED.

VIII.		ORDERING & SHIPPING

IX.		OUR GUARANTEE

X.		FINAL THOUGHTS

I.	PRICES - RECYCYLED BALLS
POPULAR PRICED "COMMON/UTILITY" ASSORTMENTS
MaxFli						$     4.00 doz
Pinnacle 						$     4.00 doz
Prostaff						$     4.00 doz
Titleist						$     6.00 doz
TopFlite						$     4.00 doz
Ultra							$     5.00 doz
Precept						$     6.00 doz
Wilson Staff					$	5.00 doz

Compare these prices to the Master-Who?, we are sure you'll be pleased.

SPRING SPECIALS

We have several Premium Assortments with our new glove line on Super Special this spring.  All of these balls are Premium balls.  They contain no flaws, none, we call them "pearls." They are priced at less than competition is charging for common/utility balls.  The Duffer's Delight assortments contain balls (except for balatas) from all manufacturers.  The See-Ya contains a variety of Pinnacle balls.  The Greg Norman offers MaxFli HT Balatas for the low handicap player.  These are truly great buys.  The Bucket of Balls is a great deal for those who want to buy a supply on the 6 month plan at tremendous savings.

THE DUFFER'S-DELIGHT
3 Doz Assorted Premiums & One Ultra Flex Glove			$ 23.00

THE SEE-YA
3 Doz Pinnacle Premiums & One Ultra Flex Glove			$ 25.00

THE GREG NORMAN
3 Doz MaxFli HT Premium Balata & One Ultra Flex Glove 	$ 29.00

ECONOMY BUCKET
10 Doz Premium TopFlite & Prostaff	& One Ultra Flex Glove  $ 40.00
BALATA BUCKET
10 Doz Premium MaxFli HT Balatas & One Ultra Flex Glove	$ 91.00

COMMON BUCKET
10 Doz Assorted Commons & One Ultra Flex Glove			$ 34.00

GRADE ASSORTMENTS:

Grade Assortments contain balls from all manufacturers that are a specific grade.  Thus, Premium Assortments contain Titleist, Maxfli, Ultra, Prostaff, TopFlite, etc.  Only Balata Assortments contain Balatas.

Balata Premium Assortments				$     12.00 doz
Balata Very High Quality Assortments		$      9.00 doz
Premium Assortments					$      9.00 doz
Very High Quality Assortments				$      6.00 doz
Common Assortments					$      4.00 doz
Ladies Premium Assortments				$      8.00 doz

BRAND ASSORTMENTS:
Brand assortments will contain all types of balls made by a given manufacturer, except Balatas.  Thus Titleist Assortments will have DT, HVC, HP2 etc., TopFlite will contain Magnas, Tours, Xls and so on.

This is the most popular and COST EFFECTIVE way to buy balls.

MANUFACTURER				PREMIUM		VERY HIGH QUALITY
Titleist					$10.00			$ 8.00
MaxFli 					$ 6.00			$ 5.00
Prostaff					$ 6.00                  $ 5.00
Pinnacle					$ 8.00			$ 5.00
Ultra						$ 8.00			$ 6.00
Wilson Staff				$ 7.00			$ 6.00
Topflite 					$ 6.00			$ 5.00
Precept					$12.00			$ 9.00

We can even be more specific.  Below are individual ball prices for an exact type.  These are only available in PREMIUM Grade.

High Spin Balls                           High Spin Balls
Titleist Tour Balatas                     $    17.00 doz
Titleist Professionals                    $    19.00 doz
Titleist HP2 Tour					$    15.00 doz
Maxfli HT Tour Balatas				$    10.00 doz
Slazenger Balatas					$    16.00 doz
Ram Tour Balatas					$     9.00 doz
Wilson Staff Titanium Tour Balatas        $    21.00 doz call for availability
Top Flite Strata					$    21.00 doz call for availability
Top Flite Z Balatas				$    14.00 doz call for availability
Wilson Staff Titanium Spin			$    16.00 doz
Wilson Ultra Tour Balatas			$     9.00 doz

Medium Spin Balls					Medium Spin Balls
Titleist DT 90's & 100's			$     11.00 doz
Titleist HP2 90's & 100's			$     12.00 doz
Titleist HVC 					$     12.00 doz call for availability
Maxfli X Series					$     12.00 doz call for availability
Precept EV Extra Spin				$     14.00 doz
Top Flite Tour					$     10.00 doz
Hogan							$     13.00 doz call for availability
Slazenger 420 T&P Spin				$     19.00 doz

Distance Balls					Distance Balls
Titleist DT 2 Piece				$     12.00 doz
Titleist HP2 Distance				$     15.00 doz call for availability
Titleist HVC 90/100				$     12.00 doz
Precept EV Extra Distance			$     13.00 doz call for availability
Hogan Distance					$     10.00 doz
Top Flite Magna					$     11.00 doz
Top Flite Hot XL					$      9.00 doz
Slazenger Raw					$     19.00 doz call for availability
Wilson Ultra					$      9.00 doz
Wilson Staff Titanium Distance		$     16.00 doz
Wilson TC2 & TC3					$      7.00 doz
Pinnacle Extreme					$     11.00 doz
Pinnacle Gold					$      7.00 doz

Ladies Golf Balls - Recycled Premium Grade Only
Flying Lady						$    9.00 doz
Maxfli MD-80/Titleist 80			$    8.00 doz call for availability
TopFlite Magna EX-W				Call 1st for avail. & price
TopFlite XL-W					Call 1st for avail. & price
All Other Ladies' (Wilson, Pinnacle)	$    8.00 doz

NEW GOLF BALLS and GLOVES
Ladies - Doves (generic Flying Lady)	$    12.00 doz
Balatas - Wilson Ultra Tour Logo Overruns $    12.00 doz
Balatas - Ram 442 Tour Lazer              $    11.00 doz
Balatas - Ram Double Cover Tour           $    25.00 doz
Balatas - Wilson Staff Titanium           Call 1st for price
Distance - Wilson Staff Titanium          Call 1st for price
High Spin - Wilson Staff Titanium         Call 1st for price
VIPER - the world's longest golf ball     $    16.00
Gloves - Men's & Ladies' Ultra Flex       $     6.00

If you do not see your favorite ball, let us know, we will be happy to price it for you.

Recycled Golf Ball prices are volatile.  Prices are subject to change without notice, as the supply of recycled balls may vary by time of year and cyclical demand or availability.

Compression - Every attempt will be made to meet your requests for exact compression on the brand you order.  We, however, cannot guarantee that we will always be able to deliver exact compression requests.

Substitution - Occasionally, we are short a few balls needed to complete an order, so we reserve the right to substitute similar types of balls which have equal or greater value to the balls you have ordered so that we can ship your golf balls in a timely manner.

II.  NEW GOLF BALLS

Over the winter, we managed to buy some brand new balls from various manufacturers at tremendous savings as they moved to close out end of year inventories.  All these balls are NEW. There are no X-OUTs or seconds of any kind.  The Ultras are logo overruns.  The Rams are in original cartons.
This is a savings of about two thirds.  Terrific values.

Hit new Balatas for price of TopFlite XL's.  Quantities are limited.  First come first served basis.  I cannot replace this inventory.  Last Call.

III.	 NEW HIGH TECH BALLS

Titanium Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Titanium Ball was the most successful new ball of 1997.  The reason is that these balls are long...really long.  They do things we have not seen before in USGA compliant balls.  National advertising has been in full swing on these balls.  Let us say.......

1. The Staff Titanium Balata is the longest true Balata.......period.
2. The Staff Titanium Spin is the longest spin ball...........period.
3. The Staff Titanium Distance is the softest distance ball...period.
4. We sell them for less than anyone...........................period.
     (well, that we know of)

Check out the Wilson website www.wilsonsports.com for additional specs.  Our prices on Staff Titanium balls are so good, that Wilson will not allow us to publish them.  Call for prices or email us at:

wilson@golfballsunlimitedusa.com">For Titanium Prices - Click Here</A>

Special Offer........Your Logo on new balls for no charge.
In addition to my best pricing on Titanium balls, we can now also offer to place logos on Titanium balls in quantities of 10 dozen or more for NO CHARGE.

IV.  DOUBLE COVER BALLS - BETTER STRATAS THAN EVEN STRATA
We believe that there is an excellent case for the double cover ball. We will cover the engineering and technical aspects of double covered balls in the forthcoming white paper.  But basically, double cover balls do a better job at providing distance than traditional balatas, when struck hard (compresses both layers), and provides better feel and spin than high spin balls, when struck softly (compresses one layer only).

We have also decided to offer our customers a real competitor to the Strata ball.  It is the Ram Double Cover Balata.  Ram is a small US company that has the reputation for superior engineering and quality.  They have developed a double cover ball that we feel is superior to the Strata in three ways.

1.  Spin.....This ball spins (full wedge) at 9000 RPM's.  This is about 1000 RPM's faster than a Titleist Tour Balata or Professional and a whopping 25% plus faster than the Strata.  The result is fantastic action on the green.  This ball STOPS and BACKS UP. You get unsurpassed control and accuracy with the DC Balata.

2.  Distance...Ram has re-thought the inner-membrane outer-membrane design, reversing it essentially from Strata.  Firm membrane outer, soft membrane inner. The result is longer distance than Strata for virtually every kind of shot.

3.  Price. . . . .$  25.00 per dozen.

If you play Strata's, we guarantee you owe it to yourself to try a dozen of these balls.   am so sure you will really like this ball, that, if you don't, we will buy them back within 30 days.  If you play Strata, we are very confident that you will be delighted with this ball.

V.  THE WORLD'S LONGEST GOLFBALL---HAVE SOME FUN
Do you really....and we mean really....want to have some fun ???

Well, we have a ball that will definitely enhance your golf fun. We now offer the longest ball you can buy.  The VIPER.

The Viper is a SCREAMER.  We mean it goes farther---we mean a lot farther than any other ball.  We have examined independent tests and tested this ball ourselves. It is at least 17 yards farther than hot XL or Pinnacle, and yes, longer than Condor according to independent Iron Byron tests.  Truly, the world's longest ball.

THIS BALL IS SO LONG...ITS REALLY FUN  !!!

Now, don't get us wrong.  We are not suggesting that you throw away those Titleists forever and become a Viper aficionado.  But, when you're ready for your own "course record," or for that special "get even" match, hit the Viper.  Do yourself a real favor, and try a dozen of these. You will have more fun playing golf with this ball than you've had in years.  And after all, isn't that really the point?

Note: Not recommended for USGA sponsored tournaments (wink).

VI.	GLOVES-QUALITY AND PRICE FOR A CHANGE
We have been researching gloves for some time.  Living in Houston, we actually stopped wearing gloves for a time because of the heat and humidity. For most gloves we tried, the glove would become saturated with perspiration by the third hole, and become "slick" and useless.  So we tried the other low cost mail order gloves from you know whom, but they didn't last, and they didn't fit right.

We evaluated the Wilson Ultra Flex and were so impressed, that we decided to offer this product to our customers.

This is the most durable synthetic material on the market...That's why we carry it.  Easy to say??  We back it up.  If this glove fails--rips, seams come apart, or otherwise fails to stand up to normal use, simply return to us, no matter how much you have used it, within 60 days of purchase. We'll refund your money.

Compare that to the Master-Who? product warranty.  We strive for customer delight.  This glove sells in the pro shops for $14.00

Additional information is available on these gloves at our website www.golfballsunlimitedusa.com.

Be sure to specify size and glove hand.  Sizes are small, medium, medium-large, large, extra-large in men's regular and cadet, and are sized similarly to other ProLine gloves such as Stasoft or Daiwa.  Women's sizes are small, medium, large and extra large.  Sorry, we do not carry ladies gloves for the right glove hand.

VII.	HOW RECYCLED BALLS ARE GRADED
First, we would play any ball we sell.  They are all very playable and will perform as you or I would expect any good ball to perform.  Any substandard balls are sold directly to wholesalers and not to our playing customers. Our balls are graded into three categories:

		PREMIUM QUALITY

			VERY HIGH QUALITY

				COMMON/UTILITY

In each case, the difference is primarily the color and appearance of the ball, not its suitability for play.  I have balls from every manufacturer in each of these grades.

PREMIUM QUALITY balls are all ProLine balls.  They have no discoloration or marks.  There are no X-Outs.  They look, act, feel and play like when they were new.  They may have logos or other ID marks, but no marks caused by damage from use.  The Balatas have excellent color although they may not be a bright white.

VERY HIGH QUALITY balls are all ProLine balls.  They may have slight discoloration or very small marks from player use.  They also may have logos or player ID marks.  There are no X-Outs. Balatas are all satisfactory color.

COMMON balls contain ProLine, Storeline (pricepoint) balls and X-OUTS.  They will have some stains and small scuffs or marks, but absolutely no cuts. The storeline balls or X-OUT balls are usually in near perfect condition.

Note:  Balatas and some common assortments may contain X-OUTs.

There is additional information on our website regarding competitive information, spin characteristics and other useful tips on how to get the best values when buying recycled balls.

Be sure to visit us at www.golfballsunlimitedusa.com

VIII.  ORDERING AND SHIPPING
All orders are shipped to physical addresses only, via UPS ground (3-5 day) for US customers.  Pricing for international customers will be made on order by order basis.  Customer orders for Hawaii and Alaska need to add $3.00 per order.  Customer orders for Canada need to add $8.00 (US) for additional shipping and duty.

Shipping & Handling, min. order		$4.50  for 1st 3 dozen.
On orders over 3 Dozen				$1.50 per additional dozen

Please advise of any special delivery instructions you may have. Most orders shipped within 48 hours.  Balata orders, or certain newer brands such as HP2, Precept EV, etc. may take longer. During the winter months, we are unable to harvest balls in the colder climates, so our supplies of newly released balls can be constrained.  Please . . . if you are ordering high-end balls, allow extra time for delivery and/or specify an alternative brand of ball.

Minimum order quantity is 3 dozen balls.  They can be any mix or match of balls, so long as the total is three dozen.
Our objective is to be the easiest company to do business with.  You may email, fax, post mail or call us to place your order at one of the numbers below:
Phone			888-507-7566	Orders and after hours messages
Phone			281-530-1828	Technical questions
Fax			281-561-5033
E-mail            ballman@golfballsunlimitedusa.com

We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.  Credit Card customers, please DO NOT send card information to us via email, but rather, call, fax, or send us an email with a phone number where we can reach you at a suggested time.

Your personal or company checks are also welcomed.  You may fax them, check by phone or snail mail them to us at one of our numbers or at our address below:
GOLF BALLS UNLIMITED, USA
11743 West Bellfort, #112
Stafford, TX  77477

IX. OUR GUARANTEE
We are not content with your Satisfaction only.  Customer Delight is our goal. If you are not delighted with the products we offer, simply return any items purchased within 30 days, and we will promptly refund the full purchase price of those returned products.

X.	FINAL THOUGHTS
If you have some special request or if you would like to see us carry additional products such as new balls or clubs, please write and let us know.  We can do special jobs, such as logos, customized striping with name for ranges and private clubs.

We offer a complete wholesale program for bulk purchases, and specialized packaging.

We buy balls.

XI.  Ball Flight And Air

Ask any pilot if it's more difficult to take off on a hot humid day or cold dry day.  He/she will tell you in a heartbeat....

"Its more difficult on a hot humid day."  In other words, the air supplies less lift on a hot humid day. As counter intuitive as it may seem, humid air is LESS DENSE than dry air.

So...no doubt about it....Balls go farther on a cold dry day.

Now...whether the "ole back" will make as good a turn on a cold
dry day...that's another question !!!!