Subject: Re: Sendmail warnings
To: Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/18/1998 14:41:23
On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I am seting up a new 1.3 system. I turned on sendmail in /etc/rc/conf,
> 	I now I am getting the following error messages:
>
> 	Apr 18 02:35:50 teddy sendmail[9393]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
> 	"Alias0":
> 	unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory

	This is in the NetBSD FAQ:
		http://www.netbsd.org/FAQ/#hash_map_Alias0

	As an aside you should probably use NetBSD 1.3.1 inestad of 1.3 -
	1.3.1 is a bugfix release of 1.3
		ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.1/hp300/

> 	What else did I need to do to get the defaul loal network set up
> 	(nom-mail-host). I just ant to be able to send mail to and from
> 	machines on the local network.

	As a mail capabale machine on the local network it should Just
	Work once you enable sendmail in rc.conf.

> 	Well come to think about it it would be nice if the NetBSD machine new
> 	who the local mailhost was, so it could send mail there by default.

	If you just want it to be a 'dumb' host that sends all mail to
	your mailhost:

		cd /usr/share/sendmail/cf
		Create a netbsd-client.mc containing:

			include(`../m4/cf.m4')
			OSTYPE(bsd4.4)
			FEATURE(nullclient, mailhost.$m)

		If your mailhub is not called 'mailhost.<yourdomain>',
		change the above FEATURE line as appropriate.

		"make netbsd-client.cf"
		"mv /etc/sendmail.cf /etc/sendmail.cf.old"
		"mv netbsd-client.cf /etc/sendmail.cf"

> --
> Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
> Factory Automation Systems
> Atlanta Ga.
> --
> Look, look, see Windows 95.  Buy, lemmings, buy!
> Pay no attention to that cliff ahead...            Henry Spencer
> (c) 1998 Stan Brown.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

		David/absolute

   -=-  Old Red he died, and every single landlord in the district cried  -=-