Subject: Re: Netscape
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Wolfson <mbw@xarph.ee.cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/12/1998 16:07:28
On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 alex@astracom.net wrote:

> has someone already compiled the Nescape Communicator for the HP300 NetBSD
> port?

Actually, judging by how poorly lesstif seems to be faring, I've been
considering compiling a static HP-UX binary, since I have the motif
libraries for HP-UX.  BTW, does anyone know how to cross-compile HP-UX
binaries from NetBSD (I've got the libraries)?

If there's enough interest (reply via email -- don't post to the list),
I'll piss away a couple of hours next weekend to give it a shot.  The kind
folks at comp.sys.hp.hpux have whipped up a nice patch kit that seems
pretty straightforward.

Otherwise, you should probably wait until lesstif has matured a few
revisions before bothering with mozilla.  I couldn't even get a reasonable
mosaic to compile with lesstif.  It had the same problem -- worked fair on
console but died almost immediately on a remote display.

  -- MW