Subject: Panic on booting miniroot on 360/HP-IB
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Instone-Cowie <ajcowie@cix.compulink.co.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/18/1998 20:39:00
Would appreciate some pointers on installation!

System: HP360, HP7937 HP-IB Disks, 9144 Tape, Serial console. NB Installs
and runs HP-UX 9.00 with no problems at all.

Boots SYS_INST from tape OK. Copies miniroot from (Linux) NFS server OK.
Booting miniroot starts OK, then panics with "MMU fault", and a full
register dump (I can log all the messages if that helps!).

Any suggestions as to where I should start? (I do HP-UX sysadmin for a
living, and run Linux for fun, so I'm not a Un*x newbie, but I've not
installed *BSD before)

Thanks,
Andrew