Subject: What is conv=osync in dd command?
To: NetBSD HP list <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/01/1998 23:25:20
	I am trying to test my 9000/43T to see if it can run NetBSD. I
	downladed SYS_INST, gunziped and tried to put it on a tape in my 9145
	drive. The instructions say to use dd as follows

	dd if=SYS_INST of=/dev/rct/c07d07 obs=20b conv=osync

	Now the machine is curently runing hPUX 9.10, and it does not like the
	conv-osync part. The man page talks about a conv=sync option, so I
	tried that.

	When I booted the machine it recognized teh tape as bootable, so I
	tried it. I got a screen full of funny characters followed by an
	unexpected trap message.

	What might I be doing wrong here?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955