Subject: RE: X-Chooser
To: None <SALEM@statoil.no>
From: Paolo 'Bussola' Marchiori <pbm@ananas.usr.dsi.unimi.it>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/20/1998 11:11:19
On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 SALEM@statoil.no wrote:

=>Commenting about torsten and Nate  previous posts.
=>
=>No problem like that here.
=>Have you guys checked if you can start X at all? I mean without XDM?
=>In order to do that I had to
=>1) point to the shared libraries (ld.so look at /etc and then ldconfig)
=>2) as well as adding the X11 binaries to the path.
=>
=>Good luck!
=>Lazaro

I can start X with no problems, using a font server (the machine uses an old
50Mb HPIB disk). But no way to use XDMCP, no -query, no -indirect, no -broadcast.

My workaround is to start an XTERM with a script that asks the login hosts and does an
rlogin on that host, in a way very similar to that of AIX 3 and 4 x_st_mgr for X-Stations 120.

Hoping an R6 (or an R5 XDMCP-capable) server will be out soon...

     Paolo 'Bussola' Marchiori pbm@ananas.usr.dsi.unimi.it
 N   Sysadm @ LAC & HUG of DSI, Milan University, ITA
W+E  Wizard On Little Italy MOO, telnet 149.132.130.48 4444
 S   http://ananas.usr.dsi.unimi.it/~pbm