Subject: Re: Quantum SCSI hp300 problem
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/17/1998 01:01:45
On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Nathan Gelbard wrote:

> We didnt have enough disk space on the net-boot server to place copies
> of the root-fs for each net-boot system, so we added a Quantum 425s
> to our Linux box, and specified in bootparams that root be mounted
> off of there. This wouldnt be a problem, except that the Linux
> nfs code is somehow broken, and we cant seem to mount ANYTHING from
> Linux -> NetBSD (or even Linux -> Linux) read/write. We're running
> Slackware 3.4

	Maybe something is specified incorrectly in the linux exports
	file? Given you have linux to linux problems its unlikely
	anything can be done in NetBSD to fix this (short of installing
	it on the server :)

> We would have put the Quantum in our hp netboot server (hp400t)
> except for the fact that we've never gotten Quantums to work on
> the hp300 series, and have seen other problems on this list
> relating to it.
>
> Is there anyway this can get fixed? What is wrong with the Quantum
> vs. NetBSD SCSI driver?

	There is a patch that has been reported to fix it for some people
	(I do not recall anyone trying the patch and saying it _didnt_
	fix it for them :). Might be worth trying:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-full-pr?3769

		David/absolute

     ( A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry )