Subject: Quantum SCSI hp300 problem
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/12/1998 22:55:10
We've finally got a machine netbooting off our HP Apollo. Wee!
Everything would be working GREAT, except for the following:

We didnt have enough disk space on the net-boot server to place copies
of the root-fs for each net-boot system, so we added a Quantum 425s
to our Linux box, and specified in bootparams that root be mounted
off of there. This wouldnt be a problem, except that the Linux
nfs code is somehow broken, and we cant seem to mount ANYTHING from
Linux -> NetBSD (or even Linux -> Linux) read/write. We're running
Slackware 3.4

We would have put the Quantum in our hp netboot server (hp400t)
except for the fact that we've never gotten Quantums to work on
the hp300 series, and have seen other problems on this list
relating to it.

Is there anyway this can get fixed? What is wrong with the Quantum
vs. NetBSD SCSI driver?

        Nate