Subject: What to do with a hp300/380?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.ludvika.se>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/06/1998 19:34:39
Hi,
I was just given an hp300/380 as it was about to be junked.
How can I install NetBSD on it? When I try to boot it it says this:

Copyright 1990,
Hewlett-Packard Company.
All Rights Reserved.

BOOTROM Rev. 2.0  29 NOV 90
Bit Mapped Video
MC68040 Processor
Configuration EEPROM
HP-HIL.Keyboard
HP-IB
DMA-C0
RAM 16776900 Bytes
HP98644 (RS-232) at 9
HP98265 (SCSI S 32) at 14
HP98643 (LAN) at 21, AUI, 08000907CE0B
HP PARALLEL at 23

Secondary Loader Revision 64.2 $
Booting /hp-ux

[here the system reads (or try to read) the kernel from disk for about 4
seconds, then it says this:]

UNEXPECTED USE OF FFFFFFC4

So.. What do you think it could be? Hardware or software problem? Broken
SCSI disk, bad memory or something completely different?

Can this beast netboot? I saw something about it needing at least rev C of
the bootroms. It looks like I have rev 2.0? Will that rev allow me to
netboot?

I tried to see if it would boot the HPUX install CD, but it wouldn't
recognize the CDROM. Can't the 300 boot from CDROM?

Is there a HP300 faq somewhere that describes the console commands?

(I have NetBSD on my DECstation 5000/200 and on a MicroVAXII and would
like to have it running on this HP300 if at all possible.)

--
Jorgen Pehrson jp@spektr.ludvika.se
http://spektr.ludvika.se/museum/