Subject: Re: S/Key (in-)consistency on hp300 port?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/05/1998 14:07:49
Yesterday I wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know of any reason why skey should generate a different
> one-time password under NetBSD-1.3/hp300 than it does under NetBSD-1.3/i386
> or NetBSD-1.2/hp300?
[snip]
> The only major difference I can think of is that the 1.3 libskey will be
> using the MD4 routines from libc, while the 1.2 version of libskey is
> using the ones directly in that library.
>
> Any thoughts?  Can anyone else duplicate this problem?
> I plan on trying this on a sun3 box this evening to see if
> maybe it's a m68k thing...

Turns out it was a big- vs. little-endian problem in libskey (the sun3 box
showed the exact same problem).  The MD4 routines in libc are fine.
I'll file a PR shortly...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA