Subject: Installation woes :0
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/02/1998 23:18:23
I'd like to announce that I finally got on of our hp300 systems back online!
I dd-ed the miniroot with a 300mb SCSI NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA disk I didnt know I
had laying around, and the install script worked PERFECTLY. The only
errors that occured was me assigning 1 IP to 2 machines :)

I installed the system to a HP-IB disk from a SCSI disk (both worked together
on my hp380). That was cool. I'm so happy!

Next, I plugged the now working system into my hp400t w/ SCSI internal,
and booted it. The kernel comes up with no HP-IB devices to speak of
(his machine also has both HP-IB and SCSI built in. HP-IB also shows
in the boot message). So basically, it boots the kernel off the HP-IB
drive, then claims the drive doesnt exist, and tries to use the SCSI
disk as the root, which wont work since there is barely a FS on it.

Ideas?
                Nate