Subject: Re: NetBSD/hp300 webpages
To: None <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/19/1998 18:44:21
> Does anyone have any comments/modifications for the NetBSD/hp300
> web pages:
>
> 	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hp300/index.html
>	http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/formal-1.3/hp300.html
>
> In particular:
> 	Do 400 machines configured for Domain/OS work - does the
>	keyboard work?

Reportedly (I've not tried this first-hand) the keyboard works in
the standalone utilities (SYS_INST).  It does however appear
impossible to compile a kernel with support for a Domain-style
keyboard; if I uncomment the "dnkbd" definition in the GENERIC
file, config says:

dennis# config PVVHP
PVVHP:105: dnkbd0: unknown device `dnkbd'
*** Stop.
dennis#

I guess the code isn't quite there yet.

> 	Can anyone confirm the current status of SCSI-II drives?

As far as I can tell they work fine.  On a pair of machines we
have we use a disk identifying itself as <IBM, DCAS-34330, S61A>
(SCSI-2).

- H=E5vard