Subject: Re: rbootd - Linux??
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Maydell <pm215@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/15/1998 13:09:32
Nathan Gelbard wrote:
>        Is it possible to run an 'rbootd' daemon from a Linux box
>so I can install SYS_INST via the network? I tried compiling
>the src to rbootd on Linux, but things are missing like bpf, et al.

Have a look at the pages I wrote (now in a new, more permanent location):
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~pmaydell/hp/

which have a version of rbootd ported to Linux plus some notes on how
to set up this and other booting utilities. Oh, and there's something on
crosscompiling NetBSD kernels under Linux.

BTW, who should I submit the rbootd changes to to get them merged with
the official source? They're all marked with #ifdef __linux__ now.

Peter Maydell