Subject: Re: Using an Apollo 425e with NetBSD
To: None <Jay.Lovell@bridge.bellsouth.com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/05/1997 21:31:09
> Is there any new word on whether we can install NetBSD on an HP
> 425e?  This is the machine with the integrated graphics card on
> the Motherboard.  Last I heard about 6 to 9 months ago, there
> was something in the works, but never heard if anything was
> ever successfully accomplished.

I'll take a shot at this even though I do not know for sure.

The graphics board is currently not supported, and it's not clear
when or if it will be.  However, since you heard of this last
time I think the serial ports on the 425e have become supported
through the addition of the "frodo" chip driver.  If I've
understood correctly, this means that it should be possible to
install NetBSD on a 425e using a serial console.  I don't know
the details of how this is done, I may know more when I get
around to trying this out on the 425e I've got sitting idle under
my desk.

Regards,

- H=E5vard