Subject: port-hp300/4071: HP standalone disklabel program bugs
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/01/1997 16:42:58
Hi,

I would like to draw your attention to the bug port-hp300/4071.

Without the code submitted as a fix for that bug, the installation
of NetBSD using the "SYS_INST" program will fail.  Specifically, the
disklabel code should fill out more fields in the disklabel (e.g. FS
type, frag size, block size) than it currently does, and the failure
to do so will cause the miniroot kernel to refuse to mount the
miniroot file system as the root file system.

I think I understand fairly well the concept of NetBSD being a
volunteer project and all that implies, but I will all the same note
that I have not received a single comment to either the bug report
or to the proposed fix.

Oh, yes, by the way, the fix I propose *has* been tested; with it in
place I was able to install NetBSD/hp300 on a couple of systems with
new disks.

Regards,

- H=E5vard