Subject: Re: crash!
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/06/1997 18:37:07
>You might want to back up that file system.  Also, were there any diagnostics
>that might indicate that your disk is starting to go printed on the console?

No diags - something had cleared the screen before the error, and dmesg
was normal.

>You might also consider updating your system to really -current.  There
>weren't any reports of bad dir panics that I can recall, but there have
>been a few bug fixes in the file system code since we went to 1.2G.

The only thing that was strange was that one of my users was running
the rc5 challenge program writting for netbsd12-m68040 ala Mac/NetBSD.

Anyway, things are decent now.

		Nate

[ Nathan Gelbard              || gelbard@engr.orst.edu           ]
[ Oregon State University     || http://straylight.hurrah.com    ]
[ Student of Computer Science || Area Support Computer Assistant ]