Subject: Re: Using an Apollo 425t diskless
To: Ian Clark <ic@deakin.edu.au>
From: Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/15/1997 08:53:51
Hi,

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Ian Clark wrote:

> 2. NetBSD (and I guess other 'BSD) doesn't only use privledged ports for NFS.
> Linux, however, does by default. Specifiying 'insecure' in the export
> options should work, but it didn't for me ( I have a vauge idea this is
> caused by only being able to have one export policy on an acual partition ?).
> I restarted rpc.nfsd with the '-n' option (allow access from non-root
> ports) while I was booting NetBSD.

Apparently, this depends on the version of rpc.nfsd on Linux. I had no
problems with the redhat vesion of nfsd. All i did was to specify
no_root_squash in the exports file so the hp is able to access its own
root directory as root...

Also, don't forget to switch on RARP in the Linux kernel (it's in the TCP
section marked as "save to leave untouched"...).

Gook luck.

Cheers,
Jochen