Subject: Re: ipnat
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/02/1997 10:20:55
On Tue Sep  2 00:38:45 1997, Nathan Gelbard wrote:

> I recompiled my current kernel w/ ipnat includes:
>
> options         PFIL_HOOKS              # packet filter hooks
> pseudo-device   ipfilter                # IP Filter package

You have to use PFIL_HOOKS _OR_ ipfilter.
PFIL_HOOKS is for the lkm driver and the pseudo-device is for the
kernel driver of ipf/ipnat.

> and I've got
>
> crw-------  1 root  wheel   18,   0 Aug 28 15:55 ipl
>
> Now, I do
>
> ipnat -f /etc/ipnat.conf
> and get
>
> ioctl(SIOCCNATL): Invalid argument
>
> Whats up?

You also have to enable ipf in /etc/rc.conf because ipnat needs a runing
ipf. And don't forget to create a empty /etc/ipf.conf file, because
/etc/netstart checks if this file exists and aborts if it doesn't find it.

Bernd