Subject: Re: a friend is about to leave...
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: michael smith <mike@smith.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/18/1997 11:43:15
Herb Peyerl stands accused of saying:
>Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>  wrote:
> > > Almost certainly absolutely nothing.  From my reading, the 4xx machines
> > > come up looking like an Apollo and need some fairly different massaging
> > > to get them going.  Just for starters, there's quite a lot of
> > > very different hardware on the board.
>
>some 4xx machines come up looking like HP's. There's no difficult massaging
>you have to do. It's a few keystrokes to switch between apollo mode and hp
>mode.

I meant massaging from the POV of the PROM, not the user.  Just the APCI
chip should count for a few grey hairs alone.

> > OK, I could get a 425t BootROM image...
> > that should be identical to the 433 one ?
>
>I'm using a 't' bootrom in an 's' fwiw.

Sounds like the 4xx bootroms were more generic then.  I missed out on
an 's' at an auction a little while back, so I can't try that. 8(

--
Mike Smith  Unix hardware collector  http://www.smith.net.au/~mike
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"