Subject: Re: a friend is about to leave...
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/16/1997 08:05:59
Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>  wrote:
 > P.S.: I have found an old apollo 400 mainboard, so all I would need is an Apollo 400 case with power supply... hmm, what do you think a 380 BootROM does in a Apollo ? find the HP bits and ignore the Apollo ones ?

a 't' or 's'?

I have a 400t case and power supply with a dead motherboard.

You need the bootrom image that I put up on:

ftp://ftp.canuck.com/pub/hpeyerl/hp425-prom.gz

It's in srecord format and you need to put it on a 27c002 (I think)
dip.

Alternatively, Jason has a 425t with busted ethernet so if you're looking for
a home for that 400 motherboard, jason would probably welcome being able to
fix that 425 of his.

I'm still looking for someone who can suck srecords out of a 380 bootrom
for me so I can upgrade my last 345. I'd also like to put the image up
for ftp also.  I should probably just spend the $30 and buy another
rom... (my other 380 is in another country right now).