Subject: RE: Domain kbd support
To: Paul Neumeyer <paul@pietas.infosys.utas.edu.au>
From: michael smith <mike@smith.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/02/1997 20:02:30
Paul Neumeyer stands accused of saying:
>I was wondering if there has been progress in supporting
>the domain kbd for netBSD/hp300 beyond the disklabel.
>
>I would be happy to get my machine going even if I couldn't
>use the console as a terminal, and login from other machines
>to use it.
>
>Is it possible to use miniroot, and configure the daemons
>with a domain kbd?

If Jason doesn't think he'll have the "real" Domain keyboard stuff
in soon, you could look at ftp://smith.net.au/apollo/NetBSD/frodo.gz

The frodo and apci stuff has already been incorporated (in a slightly
cleaner form, I admit 8), but the dnkbd/hil/ite stuff is a little too
kludgy for Jason's sensibilities.  You could probably make it work.

I'd _love_ to make it work, but the only disk big enough for me to
play on right now has the measles; every time I nearly get the NetBSD
tree supped down, the (*^%*&$ thing throws a sector, and it's "delete
everything and sup again" time.

Have I ever mentioned that sup gives me a real PITA? 8/

Actually, I think I'll stop whining and try to rustle some NFS
space.  Is the latest snapshot capable of building -current kernels
anyone; I'm a shade stale here...

--
Mike Smith  Unix hardware collector  http://www.smith.net.au/~mike
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"