Subject: [Fwd: Re: Is there support for C2282A]
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Fred (Francis) Down <fdown@interlog.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/17/1997 19:07:21

--------------437A154522

--

      Before you overthrow a tyrant you must get off your knees.
      Fdown@interlog.com - Freelance Widgetsmith

--------------437A154522

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 19:34:48 -0400
From: "Fred (Francis) Down" <fdown@interlog.com>
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Is there support for C2282A

The drive is actually a 2202, the message I get is:-
rd(0,3,0,2):  Device not configured.
The drive being device 3 on the standard HP-IB set a select code 7.
No other devices are on this bus. I'm booting from a 9144 tape on the
fast HPIB select code 2. needless to say I've tried many variations on
both busses.

The drive works because I can boot my very, very ancient version of
HP-UX(5.02) using it. I installed that from the 9144 tape.

 It dehaves the same whether I use the 'fast' or vanilla HP-IB, another
drive a HP7957A behaves properly on this configuration, it doesn't work
on both my hp330 and my hp380.

Please don't force me to use HP-UX 8=>!!!! HELP