Subject: Great American Women Golfers
To: None <buy.balls@lower.prices>
From: Dana Jones <ballman@t-1net.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/16/1997 02:12:32
             ******* Great American Women Players *********

There was some really great golf played by Americans in the last year.  And
it wasn't all played by Tiger Woods, Mark O'Meara, Phil Nicholson or Tom
Lehman.

One of golf's most dramatic moments came last summer at the Solheim Cup
Championships in Europe.  The Europeans, spearheaded by the magnificent
Swedes (and their cradle to LPGA golf training programs), figured to be poised to
win.

During the singles matches on the final Sunday, the US team was struggling as
the Europeans, cheered on by thousands of supporters at Marriott St. Pierre
in Wales, Great Britain, were pulling away from the Americans.  In a pivotal
match, Michelle McGann was playing against Britain's Laura Davies, one of
the greatest players of our time, man or woman and the world leader in Solheim Cup points earned.  This was not the first time that McGann had gone head to head with Davies.  In the final round of the 1995 Sara Lee Classic, Michelle had successfully mounted a Sunday charge to upset the tourney leading Davies for Michelle's first LPGA victory.

This Day in Chepstow Wales, the fairways were jammed, in typical European links style, with thousands of fanatical, swarming fans yelling...Laura ! Laura! Laura!

Michelle, trailing by one going into the 9th hole, hit her second on the
par 5 into a devilish green side bunker. Michelle blasted a one-in-a-million sand
shot onto the green, and made the putt for birdie...that tied the match.  Michelle
went on to upset the great (but visibly shaken) Davies; and the rest of the US
team, inspired by McGann's heroics, rallied to bring home the cup.

A photograph of that inspiring bunker shot on number nine can be seen at

http://www.sportsline.com/b/allsport/GLF_solheimcup/8402234P_Solheim_Cup.htm

....Enjoy.:)

Golfballs Unlimited USA reclaims balls from over 130 courses in 13
states.  We stock over 50 varieties of balls.  If you're an average
player, by the time you have played 3 holes with a new ball, you are
playing with a ball that's in much worse condition than our premium balls.

We offer the highest possible quality recycled balls available...at
direct pricing....HUGE SAVINGS over new balls.  Yes we have BALATAS.

Customer Satisfaction Is Absolutely Guaranteed.

If you would like a free catalog, just send me an email.

Regards,

Dana Jones
The Ballman
ballman@t-1net.com

Our Mission:  To Be The Best (As Determined By Our Customers)
Suppliers of Quality Recycled Golf Balls

BUY SELL TRADE

<A HREF="mailto:ballman@t-1net.com">Click Here For Free Catalog</A>

ps..I want this educational information to only to those who may have
an interest. If you do not, please send me back an email with remove as the subject.
We will not mail to you again.