Subject: Re: BNC/AUI jumper on 425t
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/14/1997 23:00:27
Herb Peyerl wrote:
| I just pulled apart a spare (borken) 425T I have here and the jumper in
| question is indeed labelled "W002".  It's a long jumper-block with a single
| 16 pin jumper plugged into the 24 pins. It is physically located on the
| board right behind the AUI/BNC connectors.

[ ASCII art deleted ]

Bingo!  That did it.

Now for the unusual questions:

1. Is there any advantage in having the HP box run m68k8k binaries?  It looks
   like a trivial addition to cpu_exec_aout_makecmds().

   (I'm assuming that the syscall interface is identical, and that there
   are no wierd consequences with an 8k binary mmap()ing a 4k shared library.)

2. Can the HP box cope with a filesystem that uses 8K blocks?  Specifically,
   I want to pull a SCSI disk out of my Amiga, drop an HP label on it,
   and use it AS IS, without reformatting, on the HP box.  Is this doable,
   or are there performance consequences involved?  (Yes, I intend to
   back up the disk before trying it :-)