Subject: Re: BNC/AUI jumper on 425t
To: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/14/1997 08:29:40
David Jones <dej@inode.org>  wrote:
 > I've just installed NetBSD on a 425T.  One minor problem: how do I enable
 > the BNC connector?  Right now, if I want to use my 425, I have to
 > cannibalize the transceiver from my color X terminal. :-)
 >
 > Michael Joosten gives jumper w002 for a 380 in
 > <ML-2.3.855703256.6966.joost@badlab.c-lab.de> (archive port-hp300.0059)
 > but I can't find this jumper on my 425.

I just pulled apart a spare (borken) 425T I have here and the jumper in
question is indeed labelled "W002".  It's a long jumper-block with a single
16 pin jumper plugged into the 24 pins. It is physically located on the
board right behind the AUI/BNC connectors.

Here's my best ascii rendition:

                                BNC  AUI      PowerSupply

Boy, that really sucks as far as art goes...