Subject: Re: Binary snapshot available
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/30/1997 14:16:33
At 01:54 PM 5/30/97 -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Fri, 30 May 1997 13:49:51 -0700
> Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@engr.orst.edu> wrote:
>
> > >...what do you mean?  You rebooted... that should have worked ok... why
> > >did you need to use the debugger?  What happened, exactly?  Nothing
> > >should have gone wrong there.  If it did, there is a bug somewhere :-)
> >
> > All of my daemons dumped core, and it went straight into the kernel
> > debugger.
>
>...umm, there would have been a message indicating _why_ it was entering
>the debugger...

Sorry, from memory: Dup alloc  (some hex here).

I'll see if I can make it do it again <g>
> > telnet connection refused from outside. Trying to telnet FROM the
system (yes,
> > the network is configed) yeilds: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
>
>eek... I haven't seen anything like this, nor have I heard reports.
>What is your network configuration?  (Every last detail, please :-)

Apollo 433 was 1.2.1. Using built in BNC. Using dhclient in /etc/netstart
to retrieve all network info from our dhcp server. Nothing else really
special. I'm on a subnet ;) Also, a 5 inch fan hanging on the outside of the
case to cool 3 5 1/4" hard drives...case gets rather hot sometimes.