Subject: Re: Multipul screens
To: Mike Hibler <mike@fast.cs.utah.edu>
From: Christopher L. Platt <platt@coos.dartmouth.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/27/1997 17:16:24
: > ...
: > If you tried to run multiple X servers you would have a problem
: > attaching a mouse and keyboard to the second one.  Can you have two
: > keyboards and two mice on the HIL bus??  I don't believe this Xserver
: > supports serial mice, though that wouldn't be hard to add to a source
: > build.  But I wouldn't recommend any of this.
: > ...
:
: It should be physically possible to support two (or more) mice/keyboards
: on the HIL, but the HIL driver would require some major hacking to handle
: the keyboards.  It assumes a single keyboard right now.  I am also not
: positive how well the ROM will deal with more than one keyboard, but I
: think it will work.  Multiple Xservers should then work ok as long as you
: can specify separate X*devices files.

Many years ago I set up an 360 with 2 heads (under HPUX 6 or 7) with
2 keyboards and 2 mouse all on the same HIL line and could run a
single X server with 2 screens, or 2 X servers, each with its own
keyboard.  The keyboard furthest out on the chain was the default
device as I recall.

clp.
dartvax!crunchy!croutons          platt@coos.dartmouth.edu
"It's not real until you blow some fuses.." -- me.