Subject: Re: Multipul screens
To: None <carrel@redbacknetworks.com, gelbard@engr.orst.edu>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@fast.cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/27/1997 13:50:16
> Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:31:26 -0700
> From: David Carrel <carrel@redbacknetworks.com>
> To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@engr.orst.edu>
> CC: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, port-hp300@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Multipul screens

> If you tried to run multiple X servers you would have a problem
> attaching a mouse and keyboard to the second one.  Can you have two
> keyboards and two mice on the HIL bus??  I don't believe this Xserver
> supports serial mice, though that wouldn't be hard to add to a source
> build.  But I wouldn't recommend any of this.

It should be physically possible to support two (or more) mice/keyboards
on the HIL, but the HIL driver would require some major hacking to handle
the keyboards.  It assumes a single keyboard right now.  I am also not
positive how well the ROM will deal with more than one keyboard, but I
think it will work.  Multiple Xservers should then work ok as long as you
can specify separate X*devices files.