Subject: Re: Hi there (and first question)
To: Torsten Schlueter <torsten@geo1.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/20/1997 13:32:27
On Tue, 20 May 1997, Torsten Schlueter wrote:

> Hi there,
> its me, Torsten.

Hi, Torsten!

> 2) I got an Apollo 400 (425T) Workstation by HP. There has been no HDD
> in it, and no OS:-( I found a NET-BSD Port for this machine. Now my
> question: (I put a Quantum LPS 540S SCSI-HD into the machine) how can i
> install NET BSD on this machone with no operating system on it?

Do you have any other machine that you can connect to via Ethernet?  It's
fairly trivial to install over a network from another NetBSD machine (PC,
Amiga, Mac, etc.), and only slightly more complex on a FreeBSD PC.
There's also some folks who have hammered out the necessary details for
Linux... perhaps they'll pipe up, if you indicate that's an option for
you.

I honestly haven't looked to see if Jason has tape installs working yet,
though something tells me that I would remember if they did.

Hope this helps,

--scott