Subject: Re: Probs with disklabel
To: Philipp Grau <phgrau@piak.snafu.de>
From: None <Lazaro.Salem@rf.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/20/1997 10:11:56
Hi Philip,

I just got some HP Apollo 400t boxes (4 of them diskless)
that were CPU-upgraded from MC68030/50Mhz to MC68040/25Mhz).
So I assume I have 425t boxes now. The two HD I got with them
(RODIME 3000T) were in bad shape.

> I'm trying to install NetBSD on a HP 425t. And my problem is how to disklabel
> my Rodime Ro 3000T correct, During the boot of
> the kernel it says something like:
>
> sd6 RODIME RO3000T 1216 c, 9 h, 410211 Blocks and 512 bytes/block
>
> Must be a 205 MB scsi disk

Maybe you want to know what I read when booting hp-ux:
 [snip]
 Bit mapped video at 133 (console)
 :RODIME RO3000T, 1404,0
 [snip]

After that I get some hardware problems warning so I did not
install NetBSD on this apparently defective HDs.

Also According to the Technical Data sheet I got from HP,
the HDs in 400t and 425t have a formatted capacity of 200MB.

Other specs I read from it:

Format:          3.5in,
Aver.seek time:  18msec,
Average latency: 8.3 msec,
Average I/O:     31.5 per sec

Data rate:
Internal burst:    11 Mbit/sec
SCSI burst:        1.5 Mbytes/sec
Read throughput:   920Kbytes/sec

I tried a net search on the web but got very little: