Subject: 107 days!
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Ferrara <mikef@rtfm.sr.hp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/14/1997 08:50:42
Hey Guys-
  Just thought I'd drop a line to say my 345's been going 107 days
without a crash! Great job. Now for two stupid questions:

	1) With bash, the machine doesn't always seem to carriage
return properly, so sometimes ls(1), or stty(1) outputs look really
bad. I get the linefeed, but no carriage return.

	2) Is there a fairly safe way to sup a running machine I don't
have good physical access to? As I said, my NetBSD is at least 107
days old, and I suspect the answer to problem #1 is libc, but I'm
afraid to go poking around, lest I have to jump in the car and drive
20 miles to get it back up and running. I'm not really sure of the
sup procedures to begin with ... it there a tutorial?

Thanks again for a really nice OS, and all of the help.

  Mike Ferrara M/S 4USS
  HP Microwave Instruments Div R&D
  1400 Fountain Grove Pkwy
  Santa Rosa, CA 95403-1799
  (707) 577-4479
  mikef@sr.hp.com

PGP Key Fingerprint = EC F3 52 79 9C 00 0F 78  00 38 28 CC 72 3C 2D 1C