Subject: README: people with 425e systems!
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@OG.ORG>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/11/1997 12:34:14
Hi folks...

First, please accept my apologies for being quiet on the list lately,
and slow to respond to mail in general... These last couple of weeks
have been very busy for me (I've been putting most of my effort into
the bus dma subsystem, since that is necessary for a project I'm involved
in at my Real Job(tm)).

However, I have been at least glancing at port-hp300 mail, and have noticed
a few queries about at least minimal console support on the 425e.

Mike Smith contributed a first-cut APCI driver, which I spent yesterday
integrating into my sources, and adding things such as console support.
I have also added APCI console support to the boot program.

So, if you have a 425e (the kind that currently has zero console support),
please drop me a note, and I will get you a SYS_UBOOT binary to try.  You
can load this boot program via rbootd over the network, and you should have
a working serial console.

I am going to commit the boot block changes to the master sources today,
and probably commit the kernel changes soon (no Domain keyboard support
just yet ... I'm still in the process of rototilling the ite<->kbd
interface, to support multiple cooked keyboards).

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@og.org>
	   Your faithful hp300 port master.