Subject: Re: Trying to get diskless Install started on 425e (welcome to hell)
To: Stokes rod/non-hp-unitedkingdom <STOKES_ROD/Non-HP-UnitedKingdom_om7@griffin.br.itc.hp.com>
From: Jay Lovell <Jay.Lovell@bridge.bst.bls.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/08/1997 08:58:39
> I read some of the archived mail for this group and found references to
> problems with 425e SGC cards.  Well guess what, I have a 425e!!!  Is
> there still a problem with 425e systems or is that ancient history?  I
> don't actually mind if the screen doesn't work under NetBSD as the system
> will just sit on the network and I can use the 715 or the PC for an
> X-Display.  Does hitting 'R' after the beep puts it into serial console
> mode or do I have to do something else?

It would appear that you are as hosed as the rest of us with 425e's.  With
no idea where the FrameBuffer or Control Address spaces are, the video
drivers cannot be updated to work on the 425e.  Unfortunately as well, the
425e will not currently boot with a serial console either.  I've been
through all of this to no avail.  I'm trying to track down information so
that we can get the 425e supported, but am not having much luck finding out
what is needed.  If you manage to get anything with NetBSD up and running
on your 425e, please let me know directly and I'll do the same for you.

Jay Lovell
jay.lovell@bridge.bellsouth.com